Sunday, March 18, 2012

Let it Shine

In our little valley, we have had an almost non-existent winter this year.  We've been able to take walks outdoors through each winter month.  As sad as I was to not see the snow blanket everything, I was grateful to see so many days of sunshine.  Typically, the days that don't showcase breathtaking snow-covered trees and hills, are filled with cloudy, colorless days and empty trees.  So, I graciously accept the sunshine and above freezing temperatures. 

The one thing I do really enjoy about winter is the silence.  The cold brings with it a peacefulness and necessary slowing of our jam-packed lives.  All the projects that come with Spring may not be tackled with such enthusiasum had we not had our fill of rest.  I wonder if we will burn out early this year since we've already started yard work in March and have our projects all planned and ready to go.  Regardless, the sunshine and warmth fill me with energy and happiness.  So, today, I opened up the windows and pulled up all the shades and welcomed in the noise, the warmth, the breeze and everything that goes along with an early Spring.  Even the bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment